Sunday, May 4, 2008

Candling: An Important Point

Candle your eggs.

Candle ALL of your eggs.

I didn't candle the runner duck eggs. The suspicious looking one that I was going to candle tonight blew up before I could. The smell is not insignificant, but I've had three babies -- I am comfortable with my ability to handle the smell. It's the bacteria load that's been put on the remaining (hopefully) still-viable eggs that's got me chewing fingernails up to my elbow.

St. Vidicon, meet St. Francis. You think you guys can work together on this one?

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

OMG.......OMG. ulp, better luck with the other ones..ulp.

KnitWithTammy said...

Is that suppose to be St. Vicodin?

Good luck with the other duckies.:)

Stephanie said...

LOL, Tammy! It is St. Vidicon, patron saint of everyone who has to work with anything remotely electronic, but St. Vicodin is someone I definitely want to add to the pantheon. With that trio on board, there's got to be a healthy bird in there somewhere!