Sunday, June 1, 2008

Oh, Yeah. THAT'S Why I Hate Software Updates

And for the record, I'm not talking about my Ubuntu Linux setup. It has its own issues, but updating and erasing links like nobody's business is not one of them.

Oh yeah, and a special thanks to the new version of the virus protection that refuses to update, scan, or uninstall itself. It's been swell. Really.

I'm going to spend the next goodness knows how long trying to remember url's and proper blog titles and I'm going to have to do it sober because good parents don't let their Banshees see them fold under frustration...and even if I wait until they go to bed, hacking this computer to pieces and holding the screaming, squealing bits of shattered hard drive up to really powerful magnets is something I want to remember in the morning.

I don't know exactly how one becomes a computer geek -- I rather suspect that suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous software is part of it -- but when I figure it out, I'm coming down with a case of full-throated Wagnerian Valkyrie-Geek-on-Steroids.

Also known as: the more I deal with Microsoft, the more I love Linux.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Here Axe, Axe, Axe!!!
Now, get that new computer!