Tuesday, May 5, 2009

pssst

I'm going to be very brief. I'm here today because I'm trying to get something out of my system. That something is a desk, a little desk, a desk that I have had my eye on forever and three days but could never bring myself to spend the money on. It's on sale today. It's in the clearance bin, which means that when this sale is over it is gone and it isn't coming back. And we just got paid....

but I can't afford it. I really can't afford it. Even if I have the cash right now and the keys to the piggy bank, I can't afford the slip in sanity that it would take for me to go get that thing right now. The cash is here right now, but it is going to be needed for something important later and I can't keep thinking that just this immediate gratification is going to be okay somehow. That's how the spouse and I got into this mess (yes, we're both afflicted, just with different interests.)

So thank goodness for blogs. Even if no one on the face of the earth ever read this thing, writing it all down helped bring that insanity back under leash. I'm going to go review my credit card statements now just to remind myself of how bad it can get when I'm not using my brains for more than ear spacers.

1 comment:

MnMsZ said...

Hey! I read it...you did good. Restraint is a virtue.