Friday, August 2, 2013

Taking Stock

I finished my Camp NaNoWriMo effort - 75,363 words in 31 days. Maybe 5,000 of those words are worth saving, and I think I'm going to try to save them. The whole experience this round has been fun, and so what if less than seven percent is salvageable. I prefer to think of it as a solid core around which to build.

There is also no doubt in my head that I'm having hormone storms and the general stress of life isn't making them any easier. Now that NaNo is off my stress list, I have time to integrate exercise back into my daily existence. DBS said I was a lot easier to live with when I was exercising (okay, he was much more diplomatic about these things because he really doesn't want to hurt my feelings). I'm sure the Banshees thought I was easier to deal with too. Tomorrow night I need to have my workout gear on hand because I'm gritting my teeth and getting with it again.

Tomorrow I have to get outside and work on the duck runs as well.

And I have to figure out which time slot in the day is marked Writing Time and is sacrosanct from all demands save those compatible with sustaining life.

Thinking about putting at least two of the Banshees in some sort of pubic school setting. Maybe they will take to it like ducks to water. Maybe they'll find they don't like it. Maybe they'll find some setting in between and make some serious decisions for themselves. But they need a break from me, and I need a break from them, and it has nothing to do with our affection for each other. They just need something different for a while and so do I.

Now I have to spend some serious time on veggie prep. Volunteering for the vegetable co-op means I'm bringing home a lot more than I am used to, and I have wasted much more these last two weeks than I'm comfortable with. Time to get out the hack'n'slash skills and prep for lots of steaming, baking, boiling, grilling, and just plain old getting it ready for fresh eating. Better diet will probably also help with the whole I think I'm going mental thing as well. I may like eating a lot of beige things but that doesn't have to be the only color group in my diet!

No comments: