Thursday, February 26, 2015

Plans For Saturday: Get Wrapped Up Like A Mummy

I'm not sure how much this is going to cost me, though.

I am too large to fit the dress forms I can afford. Heck, even if I were fighting fit and at my doctor's preferred weight for me I probably wouldn't be able to use a conventional form, since I'm unconventionally shaped (i.e. like a real woman).

So, the solution appears to be that I make my own. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, the last time I tried it my husband got really bored half-way through the process. Who could blame him? Wrapping your spouse in paper tape is just not as much fun as it sounds. Also, this is when I realized that I really had gained a huge amount of weight and that the shape that I was carrying around in my head did not match the shape that emerged from that first round of dress-form making. I won't say I cried, but it certainly shook me up quite a bit.

That half-formed form got thrown away. It's a small house, and already cluttered, and if I wasn't going to use the thing, then it needed to go away, so away it went.

Well, my January of Project Expectations decided that sewing-for-me was going to be a priority. If that's going to be the case, then a dress form is needed. And if I can't afford a professional dress form, then a dress form must be made. I'm not going to make the poor spouse go through that again, so I'm going to have to bribe Banshees. I'm not sure my budget is up to it.

No comments: