Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Accountability Post part deux

I failed to stay off of Facebook. In my defense, that's pretty much the only place some of my extended family can contact me. There is a family situation that requires being present in social media for the time being. I'll try again tomorrow - maybe I won't be able to stay off of it entirely, but maybe I'll be able to handle the required business and sign out again.

My real failure was my inability to stay away from my computer gaming. Got rid of all my games, downloaded three of them when I got home from school. Been futzing around on all sorts of time-wasters when I should be trying to get my skull around Revit. (I love Revit. I'm behind. I'm panicking. But if I fail and fall, it's going to be forward, damnit.)

My real challenge today is - again - my eventually-ex. We don't fight so there isn't that kind of tension, but we still have to share living quarters which can present interesting conundrums. I'm going to have to deal with an almost unheard of rarity: Needing to sleep in the same bed at the same time. (It would take too long to explain. Nobody's sleeping on the couch, nobody's sleeping in the metaphorical dog-house, we just have not shared the same hours in almost two decades. Not, by the way, my choice.) Normally I'd just putter around the house until he went to work but I have an early class tomorrow so I HAVE to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. It's going to be mighty peculiar in the old homestead tonight.

Hopefully this will be my last post of the day. I have about ninety minutes to get my head wrapped around what I'm going to be doing in class tonight and bullet journalling to catch up on.

Next time I think about taking on 15 units, I'm going to ask my best friends to slap some sense into me.

No comments: